1) Does DonCARES outsource mentors to youth in the community?
No, we are a school-based organization. However, we will gladly connect you and your child/children with programs that do.
2) How is DonCARES funded?
We are funded by the generous donations of individual donors and grants from local corporations.
3) Is DonCARES associated with Temple University?
No, we are not a Temple based student organization. However, all of our volunteers are students of color at Temple University.
4) Can I mentor for DonCARES even though I already graduated from college?
Unfortunately, we only recruit undergraduate students to become mentors. However, most of our group mentoring sessions are open to the public.
5) What are organizational funds used for?
All funds are used for our top five priorities: food for events, match outings, mentor/mentee of the month awards, and organizational initiatives ex. (Say No To Hunger, Social Justice Essay Contest, organization upkeep ex. (website domain, email, marketing materials)
6) Since you are a college student of color organization, do you still provide mentoring services to students of other races?
Yes, we provide services to all high school students at our partnership schools. DonCARES of Philadelphia, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color,ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. In this, we take great pride in our advocating for all students within our organization's reach.